Tuesday, May 5 2015
About The Prespa Ohrid Nature Trust (PONT)
PONT is an organization presently being established under German law, and is seeking the services of an Executive Director (ED) to drive the setup phase of the fund, and then ensure its smooth operation over time. PONT will be active in the wider transboundary Prespa region, which spreads across three countries: Albania, Greece and FYR of Macedonia.
The mission of PONT is to ‘provide long-term financing for the conservation and sustainable management of biological diversity, natural processes and ecosystem services in Prespa and its wider area for the benefit of nature and people in the region’.
The Executive Director Position
The ED will enter into a full-time employment agreement with PONT with the primary objective of steering the Trust’s set-up phase. After an induction period in Frankfurt, the ED will move to a yet-to-be established regional office in the PONT region.
The ED will be responsible for the management of all operational affairs of PONT including (but not limited to) the following:
- Pursuing the PONT mission and objectives, towards which s/he will
develop and implement the necessary strategies
- Developing PONT’s grants programme and proposing allocation of
PONT funds in accordance with PONT’s mission and objectives
-Fundraising and maintaining relationships with existing donors
-Working with investment professionals to ensure proper investment
of PONT funds in accordance with the PONT investment policy
- Managing the day-to-day operations of PONT and reporting
to the Board‘s Chair
- Recruiting and managing staff, consultants and external associates
Representing PONT to third parties, beneficiaries and
Required profile and qualification
All candidates for the ED position must provide evidence of the following:
- An MBA or other advanced degree in economics, law or international
affairs. A background in environmental studies would be an advantage
- At least 10 years’ management experience
- Experience in budget management
- Administration skills and experience
- Finance or fund management experience is desirable
How to Apply
- A cover letter (two-page)
- A CV
- List of 3 referees
Expressions of interest should be submitted electronically, in English, to Michael Brombacher, firstname.lastname@example.org (Frankfurt Zoological Society handles the recruitment process on behalf of the PONT partners). The deadline is 10th June 2015. A shortlist of qualified candidates will be formally invited for interview in early July 2015.
For more information, please click here.