Friday, Jun 12 2015
UNDP is seeking an Expert on Knowledge Management and M&E for its Biodiversity Finance Initiative (www.biodiversityfinance.net) in support of both global and national workstreams.
The Consultant will be primarily home-based and work under the supervision of the BIOFIN Deputy Manager, with limited missions to regional/global meetings and UN offices.
The Consultant will work with the global BIOFIN team, as well as, national BIOFIN and NBSAP teams as applicable, pilot BIOFIN and donor country governments, other international/multi-lateral organisations, and contractors on the following:
- Develop a Knowledge Management Strategy for BIOFIN, outlining the overall knowledge management structure and products;
- Produce further knowledge management products in line with the strategy;
- Expand and help implement the BIOFIN Monitoring and Evaluation Plan, including updating the logical framework to reflect the current scope of activities, and practical tools to monitor and evaluate BIOFIN activities, and develop and maintain specific monitoring tools, including a plan for their use.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in knowledge management, development studies, environmental science, statistics, economy or other closely related field
- At least 5 years of professional experience in knowledge management and/or monitoring and evaluation, preferably in the environmental field;
- Proven ability to develop knowledge management products such as case studies, success stories, capacity assessments or training materials;
- Demonstrated experience with the development and application of Monitoring and Evaluation concepts and tools, including Results-Based Management, project evaluations and logical frameworks/indicators;
- Previous work experience with UNDP and/or related organizations is a strong asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English language;
- Good command of Spanish or Portuguese is an advantage
Deadline for applying is 16 June, 2015!
For more information, please click here.