Protected Areas Financing Working Group
The Protected Areas Financing Working Group (PAF WG) advances global thinking and planning for sustainable financing of protected area systems, minding the following broad activities:
- help develop global guidance on key issues for PA financing systems such as financial data accounting and cost-effective management
- share information and best practices to support national level PA financing systems and projects
- work with national governments to identify status of PA financing and initiate coordinated support program
- prepare a Global Report on the Status of PA Financing
- present results of the work at the Conferences of the Parties of the Convention on Biological Diversity
The chair of this WG is Andrew Bovarnick, from the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP). The group also counts on the support of a steering committee, composed of CFA members - Jamison Ervin, UNDP (membership and knowledge management); Trevor Sandwith, IUCN (global policy and targets); John Clausen, CCIF (strategy); Pilar Barrera, TNC (fundraising); Aaron Bruner, CI, and Francisco Alpizar, CATIE (research).